The Perfect Date

Netflix movie




Noah Centineo is very big right now, he's been in so many Netflix movies and I even recently started watching the Fosters (although I didn't know he was on it because he joined in season 3.) I didn't like this one. I love Camila Mendes and Laura Marano, but the story line was terrible! They do this thing in these high school rom-coms where they move things too fast. They skip really important things and add the dumbest. For example, Brooks (my favorite guys name ever) meets Shelby and they literally talk twice and then minutes after he breaks up with his girl friend they kiss like they've been waiting for this moment for years. Like it was always meant to happen, which it was for him but she was not in on this plan. I don't get it. In another one of his movies, they send animal gifs back and forth and consider themselves funny. They aren't doing anything to be funny. Tell a joke to be funny!




But maybe this is just about the generation, kids can't communicate and even texting is too much to ask now. Anyway, about this movie. Literally the only saving grace in this movie is Laura Marano's Celia. Celia is the only believable character in the show! Maybe that is because she is totally relatable and I read a rumor that she was channeling Jennifer Lawrence. She would watch her interviews and try to follow her lead. I would never have guessed but I guess it works.




If you loved To All the Boys I've Loved Before but didn't appreciate Sierra Burgess is a Loser, don't watch this movie because it is way more Sierra than Lara Jean. I will never watch it again but I am glad that I watched it because I like to support these young actors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real