Park City; Best Friend's Birthday Weekend

Adventure post


So my friend started planning for her birthday in January. She said she wanted a girls weekend where we got all dressed up and went out and partied all weekend. Then COVID hit and we weren't sure what would happen but we just kept waiting to see. We even waited until the day of to plan anything... So my other friend went to work running errands and getting everything ready for the trip. We got liquor, we got snacks, we got breakfast foods knowing we would be too hung over to do much in the morning. Then we got to the Airbnb and there was no kitchen... So no where to put our drinks or our breakfast foods. Not what we were planning so it just got weird. Oh also forgot to mention the birthday girl's apartment floor flooded the week before... So she had to tear the floor out with her dad and buy new floor and that was where her head was when we got to the small hotel room that was supposed to be a big nice condo...
So instead of getting dressed to impress for dinner and drinks, we found 1 of the 4 restaurants open and went to a chill normal dinner. The food was good, the drinks were good and it was still good to just get out. Plus I missed these girls so much! But since I hadn't really gone out in 2 months I was so awkward. You guys know what's been going on, I hadn't been to dinner in public since the weekend my husband left me... So I was actually uncomfortable... And I was like that all night even when I gave my girl a "lap dance." I was drinking and I was having fun but I just felt like I was watching everything and it was just weird. Birthday girl didn't get drunk either. I think she was just too upset that her birthday had turned out this way... But I don't know. And then we were in bed at midnight... Then the next day we had mimosas and snickers and Oreos for breakfast and laid in bed until 3. Then we packed the car up and went home a day early. But we did make plans to do back home before leaving so we could keep the party going.
And we did keep the party going. We went ax throwing! Golden Ax, y'all should go there, it was so much fun. It's kind of like a bowling alley where they have lanes and then a bar off to the other side and other games and stuff going on down stairs. We were the only ones there but it was so much fun. I think I did very well too. Then we went back to the birthday girl's house and started drinking and dancing and playing games until a boyfriend and a couple other friend's came over. So the four of us girls and three guys came over, so don't worry we were still social distancing... There was only one single guy and he liked me, but I wasn't into it. He wasn't my type... So to keep my distance from him I just kept talking to the guy who had a girlfriend... 1) because he was letting my box with him 2) because he wasn't trying to get me to do drugs... and 3) because he was safe and I knew he wasn't going to try anything... Eventually someone brought cocaine and they were doing lines and since I was not there for that I just went to bed in my friend's bed. Where I slept for about 5 unrestful hours and woke up super hung over. Luckily my friend made coffee and crepes and we had a ton of Gatorade. So I ate, drank and showered and then made it to my first post-marriage date... So I guess you could say it was a big weekend...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real