Burlesque

Movie

Cher and Christina Aguilera star in this show about a night club that is running out of money. It's got other famous people like Stanley Tucci, Peter Gallagher, Kristen Bell, Alan, Cummings, Cam Gigandet, Julianne Hough, Dianna Argon, and Eric Dane. With all these talented people, I don't think it was well received. It has a 36 on Rotten Tomatoes... I only bought my copy in the $5 bin at Walmart... But I loved it!

The other day I went to a show at Tuacahn in St. George and ever since then I've been listening to all of my favorite musicals. When I got home from this trip to St. George, I had one last day off before starting back on my grueling work week. I decided to watch a bunch of musicals and since my movies are organized alphabetically Burlesque came up first. Now this wasn't the kind of musical I had in mind at first but when I saw it, I decided that it was just what I needed.

This show has classic songs like Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend, along with some originals sung by both Cher and Christina. Cher even won a Golden Globe for her song You Haven't Seen the Last of Me. I didn't know about the win at the time but it is my favorite song in the show so I was pretty excited to hear about the win.

The movie is just fun! Christina plays a country girl who moves to LA for fame and success and she at least finds her place as a singer and makes friends who become like family. It's a cliche story but the music and the people make it worth watching. I really do watch this movie a lot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real