Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

Season 1

Anybody else watching this? This better come back for a second season. It hasn't been announced yet... The concept for this show is so fun. Take this kind of nerdy girl (who doesn't listen to music) and give her the opportunity to hear the thoughts of the people around her in song. Eventually these songs become known as heart songs! I love that! But naturally reading people's minds isn't as cool as it sounds. Remember Bruce Almighty? It gets distracting and what if the thoughts are about you? That would make things way awkward.


The actors are pretty good too. I've never seen Jane Levy before but she killed it. Then you have Skylar Astin from Pitch Perfect and Alex Newell from Glee, the Queen of Stars Hollow Lauren Graham, Peter Gallagher from everything, and Mary Steenburgen from The Proposal. All of them sing and dance and act super real. This show was everything I love about TV. There is emotion, friendship, love triangles, family drama and work drama all set to music. I mean Lauren Graham sings Kesha and Monica!


The whole show is fun but then every once in a while I cried. Zoey's family is so precious and seem so close and they are going through this very traumatic time which comes to a head in the last episode. I was laughing and then I was bawling hysterically. It was a crazy emotional time. I really hope it comes back for a second season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real