High Fidelity

Zoe Kravitz is golden! I definitely developed a crush on her. Also really appreciated that she threw a younger man into the show to prove that people in our 30s can still date attractive people no matter how old they are. Although I'm not actually attracted to Liam... no offense to Thomas Doherty who is not unattractive, it's just not my look... I do appreciate him as an actor though (See Disney's Descendants.) He is actually the reason I watched it. But this show is way better than one season! I get that she kind of did finish her goal but there were so many questions! This is the typical show about a girl that just can't seem to find a relationship that works out and she takes breakups really hard. Rob is not the perfect pretty girl that we kind of get used to watching shows about New York but we know they exist. We know that New York is either super fancy, starving artist, or there are the middles but I think even they feel poor in NYC... I really appreciated this take on the starving artist. Zoe explains how she ended up in this record store, and how she feels about love. I think that is enough to make it real. We know that New York shows are largely impossible just because rent is so high but I think this is the most possible show I've seen about it. Zoe is a dream, her fiance played by Kingsley Ben-Adir is perfect, her friends Simon and Cherise are very real, and everyone around her just seems so real. The music is fantastic and there is that vibe that I think NYC gets where people want their crew and routine so much but also appreciate being in a place with so much variety. It's called balance. But with all this it only lasts 10 episodes. I literally watched it in one day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real