Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

TV show I had never heard of this show but then I was researching an actor that I hadn't seen in a while. Scott Michael Foster and turns out he was on a couple seasons of this show. So I started watching it. And it starts like this "I was working hard at a New York job making dough but it made me blue. One day I was crying a lot and so I decided to move to West Covina California" Remember how it's my dream to do that? Yeah and she sings about it! It's a musical and it's a good one! So I kept watching it and found out that the guy who voiced Hans in Frozen is in it and really that's the only person I know from the main cast at least until Esther Povitsky joins the cast and then obviously Scott Michael Foster. This is another one of those shows where one of the best parts is all the guest stars. Tovah who plays her mom has been an icon forever, Brittany Snow, Dr. Phil, B.J. Novak, Patton Oswald, Nipsey Hustle RIP, Esther Dean, Ricki Lake, Amber Riley, Seth Green, Josh Groban, Fred Armisen, Lea Salonga, Patti LuPone, Tan France and Weird Al all had cameos. So anyway, I was hooked almost immediately with the comedy and musical angles. Then we get into the real dirt... Mental Health! Yeah this show is the perfect show for me. Ok so the show starts out with Rachel Bloom being obsessed with a boyfriend that she met at summer camp. That's not me however she was raised Jewish and now doesn't believe any of it... So that's relatable. And most of the show takes place in her mind, that's where I live all the time. And the songs are so clever and catchy. My favorite song is called Let's Have Intercourse because it's a romantic song about getting the sexual tension over with so the dude can move onto other things. It's terrible but beautiful and they're dancing during it which is all I want to do. I make my future plans like Katie Holmes in First Daughter. I'll know when I find my guy when we can dance and feel different about each other. (Also if he looks like Marc Blucas I would be ok with that) I feel funny saying this is my favorite show because I wrote way more about Peaky Blinders but it also went longer. This show only went for 4 seasons. Oh another thing, in I think the final season they start talking about the end of the season and breaking the fourth wall. For example Santorini Fontana who played Greg left the show at the end of season 1 and then halfway through the last season Greg showed up being played by Skylar Astin. Why? Because in order for them to work Greg would have to be a totally different person. It worked, they were perfect for a couple episodes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real