Oregon

This was an adventure in a weird way. It was supposed to just be me hanging out with my brother and getting him out to explore the place that he's lived in for 6 months. It kind of worked... However I flew into Portland and he lives in Medford... That's a 4 hour drive. He told me that he would pick me up and I convinced him to spend the night before I left to come back in Portland. Also since Dylan took the whole time I was there off I asked if we could drive out to the coast and see the ocean. It was not a short drive. So basically Dylan drove the 4 hours to Portland picked me up and we drove back and it took us about 10 hours to get home. But Oregon is so pretty! I've been lucky to not drive myself but to spend a lot of time in the car just exploring. The next day we were going to go hiking but we ended up just watching TV (sleeping through 11 episode of a TV show.) We must have needed it though because we were both in and out of conciousness. I really felt like I had a grasp on the show even while sleeping. About 4 we woke up and decided we needed caffeine before we tried again so we went on a coffee run and stopped and got some edibles. It's legal there! We then came home and started the show over and it turns out we missed a lot while sleeping... It was Anime so we went theme and ordered sushi for dinner too. It was a needed day. I think we had both been working too hard without a good balance... Oh we did go get crepes for breakfast that day too. They were alright... And mimosas. That's probably what put us to sleep. The next day we had to go to Portland though. So we woke up early to go hiking and then make the drive. We got food on the way to the trailhead and we drove through the cutest little town I've seen in real life. I think it's called Jacksonville but it was Stars Hollow level quaint. The trail was a walk in the dirt. It was not a hike. But it was nice to get outside and see a different side to Oregon and there was a lookout point where you can see Mt Hood so there was that. Then we drove to Portland. Dylan had some car troubles but once we got to Portland we parked the car and didn't worry about it until almost noon the next day. He said it was fine driving home. I think it was just tired. Portland was kind of a bust. I didn't want to drive anywhere so we just walked up and down the street until we found somewhere to eat. It was called Ancestry and it was alright. We had burgers and I drank Cider while he had their IPA. The cider was delicious but the beer was terrible. The burgers were good but the fries were the best part! And we got a little tipsy and walked back to our AirBNB to get jackets because it is still spring so when the sun goes down it gets cold. Apparently I got checked out while we were walking. I didn't see it but my brother said it happened. Anyway we sat down on the couch and fell right to sleep... We did not go back out... Then the next day we woke up and watched TV until it was time to go to the airport. PDX is not a pretty airport. I didn't like it. And I spent way too much time there.. I need to stop being so anxious about airports. Security is not that bad. I've never spent more than 30 minutes waiting for normal TSA security. Customs took longer when I flew to Dublin but that's different. All in all it was a chill quick trip. I'm sure my brother didn't appreciate it like I did but I thought it was a good time. Oh also when we drove to the beach there was a big sign painted on the road that said OCEAN THIS WAY and I told Dylan not to go, that's how they kill us. But he did anyway and it actually did take us to the ocean...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real