Neon Genesis Evangelion

Nerd alert! This is an Anime from 1995 but it takes place in 2015 and I watched it in 2021... So already it was trippy. This also only goes 1 season but you'll never want to watch it unless I spoil some things for you. So, my brother called it Pacific Rim but the anime version. So basically there are these monsters attacking Japan, the first monster basically devastated Japan in 2000 or something like that so from the start of the show the characters are terrified. But it's been some time and scientists have created "robots" to counter act the monsters they call Angels. These robots are called Evangelions or Evas but they have to be piloted by kids (I'm really not sure why.) So we watch a few battles, get to know the characters, and learn the dynamic between Shinji, the main character and his dad. And then it all comes to a head. Another one of Shinji's classmates gets pulled to pilot an Eva and in some twist of fate it turns out that he was part of a larger picture when Eva's start to malfunction and it seems to have everything to do with him. After that we go into the trippiest part where Shinji starts to question everything and even kind of gets lost in a type of emotional black hole. We start seeing him literally spiral. I don't know about any of you, but I've had that spiral and it' cool but not cool all at the same time. It is almost like you can see the walls of your mind fading and all the mechanisms are visible and moving and you're getting a rush of thoughts and emotions all at the same time. So I had to pause the show then and come back later because it was feeling too real. The show ends with the typical wrap up but I was still almost emotionally twitching after. This only had 1 season but there are manga's and movies to follow it up. I haven't watched the movies yet. I'm not sure I can manage it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real