Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Book

I started reading this book almost 2 years ago when I would go sit in my car at a park while on lunch breaks from work. Eventually I quit taking actual lunch breaks at work and just went in an hour late, and my reading time was taken away. This book has been to Ireland and it isn't even my book! (Thanks Sarah, I'm sorry) But it is also kind of hard to read because it is still in old English. It's written just like the original but Seth Grahame-Smith added his quirk around the original writing. That part is fun but still not an easy read.

"Mr Darcy watched Elizabeth and her sisters work their way outward, beheading zombie after zombie as they went" This happens at Mr Bingley's ball! The Bennet sisters studied swordsmanship in China where Lady Catherine and Mr Darcy studied in Japan, just another way the Bennets are lower in stature. They also call the zombies unmentionables because zombie is too crude of a term.

"One of her kicks found it's mark and Darcy was sent into the Mantelpiece with such force as to shatter it's edge" This is after he tells her that he tried not to like her but against his better judgement he loves her. Not only do these warrior battle unmentionables, they battle each other! Yes they spar and practice but this was done in anger. When Darcy finds Lydia and Wickham, part of his deal for his help is that he beats Wickham until he is lame and makes him go into the priesthood!

I don't want to go into too much which is hard because although we all know the story of Pride and Prejudice, it is hard to describe the differences between the classic and this one. I really liked the beginning but it became very hard to keep interested which is a big reason why I have never read the original.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real