Scrappy Little Nobody

Book

This is basically Anna Kendrick's autobiography and while I love Anna Kendrick from Twitter and movies, I wasn't a huge fan of the book. She seemed very self-deprecating, and I hear all the time about how actors always think that their fame is just a phase and that next month it will all be over but she takes this thought and makes it so gloomy. The writing was so sarcastic that I just couldn't get into it.

She does tell a lot of stories about "making it in Hollywood" but she doesn't name drop like I like. She does tell stories about being in movies with Chris Pine and George Clooney but I wanted more fun stories about getting to know people. She does talk a lot about her childhood which is fantastic and gives a ton of insight into why she is so sarcastic.

Anyway, if this is your kind of book, its good but if you aren't in to celebrity authors then this is not the book to start with. I wouldn't read it again for any reason but I don't regret reading it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real