Serial Season 3

Podcast- Sarah Koenig

I was a late joiner for this whole podcast deal. But when I decided that I would listen, it was because of a bachelor podcast. I listened to all of the back episodes of those and then remembered about all about Serial and how everyone was obsessed with that. So I listened to the first season and Loved it! Then I listened to the second season and was like eh. Then I slowly started to find more and more and now I feel like I listen to way too many and I can never work anywhere else because I need a job where I can listen to all podcasts only podcasts.

Anyway I thought that Serial was dead and never coming back when they announced that season 3 and I was so excited! My husband and I even saved the first few to listen together on a road trip to bond over it. And it was way better then Season 2 but it was no Season 1. It was a very different story line which is cool. They went to a courthouse in Ohio (the first one they found that would let them record,) and followed some of the stories that happened there.

The stories were so sad and it really showed that "the system" isn't working like it should be. The bureaucracy of it is more important than the people it's supposed to protect.  It told that story brilliantly, but the individual stories weren't that great. I was bored in multiple episodes, and I didn't feel like there was a real ending. They just kind of said well, that's all the stories that we have for you. I do love the way Sarah talks to people like they're her friends.

I would listen to it once but it's not one of those things that you'll want to listen to multiple times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real