Bohemian Rhapsody

Movie


I know, I'm a little late to the party here, but this movie is alright... It wasn't life changing for me or anything. I'm also not the biggest Queen fan... I like their main stream stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody and Somebody to Love but I don't think I've ever just played even an album of theirs. I know the less popular funny songs too, like Bicycle and Fat Bottomed girls so I'm not totally lame. But this made me understand the pressure that Freddie Mercury was under and that it was mostly self induced.


I wasn't really around when Queen was either. I was almost 3 when Freddie died so, not really big in the music scene yet. So I didn't know how "flamboyant" he was but everyone that has seen it says that Ramy Malik was spot on. Also, Ramy has that skinny boy thing going that makes it easy to make it look like he had aids. I read on Wikipedia that Sacha Baron Cohen was first hired to play Freddie, he couldn't have pulled it off the same. I think he would have been too much and harder to make look sick. But I guess we'll never know.


With that being said, it was an entertaining movie. Even with Little Finger (Game of Thrones) trying to be all business-like. I tell you, he is type casted as evil. I can't look at him without feeling hatred. I would say watch it because it has good music and it shows what can happen if you let fame and riches sweep you up. Freddie is a cautionary tale, to keep what matters closest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real