Quicksand

Netflix TV show



Swedish and crazy! This is a story about a high school shooting, and a girl while they try to decide if she is directly involved or indirectly. It is based on a book with the same name. It is about a girl who becomes involved in a whirlwind romance with a boy from her school. I can't blame her for thinking that anyone from school is safe. I remember when I was in high school, I would date anyone. I didn't think about if they drank too much or were violent because I knew all of their friends and even a lot of time their siblings and families. It wasn't until I got out of school that I became hesitant to date guys that I didn't know.


In high school, you think that you are safe or worse, invincible. You think you can handle anything that comes at you and that includes other people's problems. There are countless shows on TV that center around a group of friends or family that will literally do anything to "protect" each other. This touches on that.


Poor Maja falls for a guy. A guy that she has known most of childhood. He turns out to be very different than she thought. But by the time she realizes it, she is already in love and she thinks its too late. It's obviously never too late to leave someone that is dangerous or just treats you wrong. I've had something like this happen to me before but I was lucky to escape after only a month. I met him in a totally casual environment. I knew his roommates, and liked his roommates. At first we only hung out in groups and even after a little while, we had a pretty important group of friends that we always hung out with. But then all of his lies started coming out, and his dependence on me grew. I knew that I didn't want that as my life so, I broke up with him and blocked him on social media. I am lucky that I haven't seen him since but I will always feel bad because he alienated all of our friends too. I did love him but I knew he was dangerous.


I know how Maja felt, but luckily when I felt the earth moving under me I got out. I didn't get caught in the Quicksand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real