A Star is Born

Movie


Everyone was talking about this movie. I get it because it has been a while since this movie was remade but, it is a 4 time remade story. The first time a film was made with this story was in 1937 with Janet Gayner and Fredric March (never heard of them- way before my time) Then Judy Garland and James Mason remade it in 1954. And then it looked like they had had enough after Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson in 1976 (way more my speed- I love Kris and Barbara is one of the biggest people ever.) But I guess Bradley thought that the last 40 years was missing this story and decided to bring it back. Don't get me wrong, I loved Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper in these rolls. I just don't understand why people obsess over these kind of things. The story is so sad but beautiful, but I have to say, I don't like the song. Shallow is weird and the echo things they do are so annoying. I did like that she used to sing in a drag bar because that is so Lady Gaga and really relevant right now.




Um I usually try not to spoil the story but it is an old story, so I'm going to go a little deeper than normal. I thought I knew the story, but I've never seen any of the other movies so I was wrong. I knew someone died but I thought it was the wrong person. Also, Bradley Cooper can't sing. I appreciate him for trying and I don't think that he shouldn't sing. But to say that he is a professional singer and Rockstar seems like a stretch.




I honestly kind of think that I wasted my time with this movie. I didn't need to watch it. It wasn't that good. It wasn't bad either, but it wasn't that good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real