The Little Mermaid

Play

I watched this at Tuacahn amphitheater. Tuacahn does Broadway style musicals and they rotate through them every few years but people come from all over the country to perform there. Now obviously, I loved the Disney movie but there is so many other songs that aren't in the cartoon. It was really nice to hear Prince Eric sing. My mom didn't like Prince Eric's singing, she thought he was trying too hard, but I loved him! I'm even following him on IG now. And Ariel! At first I was like ok, I like her voice but it wasn't that spectacular. Then after intermission when she was learning how to walk, she was just incredible! She honestly looked like she was new on her feet.

I love all of the characters and the songs and Tuacahn just made everything better! I mean Sebastian was so talented, Ursula was amazing! Even Flounder, Flotsam, and Getsam were crazy good singers and dancers. I just love watching the dancers and stage production! Every time I go to a show like this I decide that I need to go to all of them. I love live theater! In high school, all of my friends where what I called "drama nerds" and I never even went to a play in high school! I was such a hater and I regret it so much now. I mean I'm sure the production value was terrible but it still would have been fun. I was so excited when I had met through friends, on of the Tuacahn performers. It would have been so much fun to see all my friends.

When I got home from seeing the musical, I felt like I needed all the musicals that I could get so I spent a whole day watching the movies. Be prepared for a whole lot of posts about musicals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real