American Horror Story Coven

TV show


I watched the first season of American Horror Story (Murder House) years ago with my boyfriend I had before I dated my husband. We loved it but the relationship was short lived so about a year later I watched the second season (Asylum) with my then boyfriend, now husband and it was a very different experience! We were so nervous because we were innocent and it was dark and awkward. We didn't even finish the show. Now 3 years later as I'm embracing my witch side and also not as innocent and nervous I decided that I could start watching again. And season 3 is Coven.
We watched the first 6 episodes on Saturday and I was hooked. After that we watched one maybe 2 episodes everyday until we finished it. I'm not going to lie, my husband watched it while watching football and basketball on his phone which drives me so crazy because he cannot focus on 2 things at once so then when something happens in my show I need to explain it to him... I really hate it... But this isn't about that.
Emma Roberts was on my favorite show as a teenager (Unfabulous,) Kathy Bates is an American icon, Jessica Lange who has been acting successfully since the 70s, Evan Peters of X-men, Gabbie Sidibe from Precious and more recently Empire, Sarah Paulson (Marcia Clark in The People Vs OJ Simpson) and Angela Bassett another iconic actor all come together with people that I didn't know Lily Rabe and Jamie Brewer to show us what a real witch coven should be. They are all independent powerful women (except Evan Peters) so obviously there is some drama and fighting, but they ultimately come together for the good of the coven.
If you know anything about the show then you know that every season is a different story with the same cast playing different characters. It got to a point when I thought it had to start wrapping up, but it kept going... I didn't like the end and I think the show has an issue with bringing so many storylines in and then ending them weird and keeping going with their plans. There was a lot of lines crossing that doesn't make sense to me. I like the story as a whole but I wish they didn't through so much confusion in the story. I will start the next season on my next off week though because I do like the concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real