Mormon and the Meth-head

Podcast and Stand-up


So I started listening to this podcast months ago. I loved it but with my current job I just don't have the time to listen that I used to. So I've unfortunately only gotten through about 20 episodes. But my friend told me that they were coming to the comedy club by us. So we got a group together and went.
The story behind this podcast is that a recovered meth-head (Jessa) meets an innocent recently "recovering" Mormon (Aaron). So they started taking turns telling stories that are relatable to each other but sometimes they just talk about their current lives. They are both comedians too so that is an added bonus. I relate so hard to Aaron! Every story he tells I nod or laugh or sometimes almost cry because they are things that all religious kids have gone through.
But while I will talk about the podcast more when I get more caught up, I wanted to talk about the comedy show. Have you all been to Wise Guys? I had this delicious spinach and artichoke flatbread and a mojito which I think make me the most basic ever but they were both so good so I accept my fate. I even looked up to see when the next fun show would be so that I could go but I basically have never heard of anyone else one the schedule so I might just have to start showing up. Or researching the comedians to see who I like because comedy shows are so much fun!
These are 2 people who's stories I kind of know so I had some background knowledge but they are just as funny in person as they are recorded. They told the best stories and as a Mormon it's this funny thing that I have literally lived every story that Aaron told (except his mission) and just thought Jessa was a funny character. There's no way that people actually live like that right? Wrong! She was basically in a fog for 10 years! The best part about Aaron is that even though he has been 'out' for 4 years he still feels such conflict over it. He doesn't like criticizing the church or the members but he straight up doesn't believe it anymore so he says what he thinks but then feels guilty about it. It's very strange.
So if you want to laugh then I have 2 suggestions for you. 1 go to comedy clubs and 2 listen to Mormon and the Meth-head podcast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real