The Black Tapes

Podcast


This is a ghost story... but more! I started listening to this a while ago but I got confused because after the first few episodes the order they were in flipped and I accidentally listened to part of season 2 instead of season 1. But almost a year later I started listening again and made sure to listen to 1 season at a time. And it was killer!
I honestly don't know if this is real or just mocking ghost hunters but I don't care. I did some research and the company that they talk about has a real website but it's probably fake.  But like I said it starts as a ghost story, the host Alex a journalist who hears a story about a story that was researched and debunked by a company who offers a check to anyone who has a ghost story that he can't debunk. Alex then changes to researching Richard Strand of the above mentioned company The Strand Institute. And it turns out that he is involved in some weird things.
Strand has these tapes that he collects from cases that he can't solve. Which is where the podcast gets it's name... I don't want to give anything away but the story becomes a mystery involving monks, music, math, insomnia and cults! It has everything and the way the story is told makes it so creepy. I honestly could only think about conspiracies and how whether it is true or not it could happen just like this and we wouldn't even know it was happening.
There was one night I had been listening to the podcast all day and I was close to finishing. I walked into my bedroom to go to bed and turned out the light and took 1 step and turned around and turned the light on. As soon as I turned the light off I was transported into the podcast and I was going through the same thing that Alex was talking about. I had to keep the light on until I finished the episode and my husband came in and turned off the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real