NO.LA

Travel

Oh my goodness, I had the best time! The flight was short and easy and our hotel was cool. We stayed at a place called Sonder at Lafayette Square in the Central Business District. It was more like an apartment but Sonder owns the whole set of apartments and a bunch of others in the world. They were pretty accommodating too. At one point before we got there, there was an issue with the place we were supposed to stay in so they offered another one but didn't tell me that I had to respond within 24 hours which I didn't do. When I did respond they had already rented out the new place but they noticed that they didn't say I had to respond in a certain amount of time so they found me a new place and gave me $100 credit. And it was beautiful. So after we got settled we went to dinner at Luke, I had seafood ettoufee with some sort of cocktail and Caleb had steak and another cocktail. Then we went to the famous Bourbon Street. We caught a few scams in the excitement... We didn't go back there the whole rest of the vacation...
The next day we had a cemetery tour kinda early but we had breakfast at Daisy Dukes then walked over to a restaurant in the French Quarter to meet our tour guide. It was pouring and cold. We were not prepared, we had rain jackets but that was it and we were cold. We saw Nicholas Cage's tomb and Marie Leveau's too. St. Louis Cemetery is crazy cool though. Afterwards we walked up to the French Market for a food tour but we got there very early and we just hid out under the shelter. It wasn't my favorite time... When the tour started we had our first beignets and this really good corn on the cob thing. We also had muffulettas and dirty rice both of which are delicious. Then we went home to dry off, I took a bath and it was wonderful and by the time we were both clean and warm and rested we went out to dinner at a bar called Jimani. The bar tender was from Utah like us so we bonded over that and we had po'boys and they were amazing too. Also I had coke and for some reason it was the best coke I've ever had... Then the ghost tour. It was fantastic too our guide was great and she just took us around the square and told us historical things that really happened that could lead to ghosts if they were real (I believe in ghosts.) All of our tour guides were from Free Tours on Foot and were really cool.
On Friday we went to the swamp with Cajun Encounters and although we didn't see very many animals, it was very cool to see where Princess and the Frog was created from. The whole thing was cool and I never thought I would say it but there were the cutest raccoons! I want to go back because I think the rain scared all the critters away... But Caleb got to hold a baby alligator. We also tried alligator jerky (too salty.) Then we went to dinner at some cafe and I ate gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish pie while Caleb ate red beans and rice. Then we met up with another tour guide for a tour of the French Quarter. It would have been good but he told a lot of the same stories as the ghost tour and differently so I don't know what to believe and since I heard the ghost tour first, I liked hers better. After that we went to a metaphysical store called Hex and did a couples tarot reading. It went perfect! Mimi told predicted everything we've been through and said we're still feeling stuck and we need to move so we can experience a new kind of life. I know a lot of people don't believe but I believed everything she told us. I also got my own deck and a lot of crystals, candles and other ingredients. I loved this store and I want to go back everyday. After that we finally hit up Frenchman Street where we were told to go for live music. At first I was afraid we went too early because there was only one place that had music going so the place was kind of crowded. But then we saw something that looked good and they had stuff set up for a band to play so we sat down to eat and wait. We had some Old Orchard's and I had Cajun mac and cheese and Caleb had Cajun primavera. The band was old school Jazz and Swing and they did really good. They had some elaborate name so unfortunately I don't remember that... But they were awesome and enough to put us to sleep, because we had to leave for our flight back at 5 am so we were in bed at 7... So lame but we slept all night and it's a good thing because the flight back was rough. We flew 3 hours in the wrong direction for our layover. And at said layover we had to walk almost a full mile in 20 minutes to get to our connecting flight. It was the worst! But we made it and I'm already planning for our next trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real