To All the Boys I've Loved Before Part 2

Movie


Actual title: PS I still love you.


Ok the first movie wrecked me, I loved it so much I watched it probably every other month. The innocence that LJ has is angelic and romantic and paired with Peter's get whatever he want's personality they make a nice yin and yang pair. This movie carries on that dynamic but you get to see how much Peter really cares about people in general but especially girls he's loved. Lara Jean still has that sweet innocence but now she is in her head like we all would be. See, that's the part that 80s love movies didn't tell us... We grow up with these shows that make us think that love will just happen at this time when we're ready for it. So we get ready for it and then wait until that special moment happens. In my opinion and experience although it probably won't be some perfect guy sweeping us off our feet, love stories do happen. But they fade quicker than people think they will because we think about everything.


This movie shows us what happens when you start thinking what if's. What if it's only physical for him and I don't want that? What if he only wants me because he can't have the one he really wants? What if something happens to him and I never get to see him again? What if he finds someone better tomorrow? We all think like this especially when it's new so I really reacted when LJ started self-sabotaging instead of answering these questions. This movie takes her back to middle school and she has to realign some of her thoughts around that time. Ok that seems like a weird way to put that, let me try to explain. She lost her best friend in middle school and still has to see her everyday which is awkward anyway but sometimes it hurts more than we think and ends up affecting us longer than if we dealt with it right away. So she saw herself as one way but then she adjusted and started seeing herself a different way, a wrong way in my opinion, and now she has to find out who she really is.


I'm telling you, this movie was so cute and I was loving it, but then in the last half hour I was spinning out because this high school rom-com all of a sudden felt like my current life. I'm happily married to a great guy, but there are always going to be questions like what she had. People come into our lives and we start thinking if we made a mistake somewhere. The ending made me so happy that naturally I cried... But like I said I related everything about the last half hour to my life.


Anyway, watch this movie 50 times! It's so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real