Back to my divorce...

So on Sunday after I told my parents that I was moving home with them, we went home to watch TV and actually cuddled on the couch. Weirdest breakup ever! Then on Monday our real new life started. Husband went to work like usual and I went and took a barre class. I had my whole day planned. I was going to go to barre, go to my friend Alyson's house, and watch Love is Blind with any other free time I had until boxing that night. Husband was not part of this plan. I wanted to relax on my last day in my house and him being there was not part of the plan. We ended up fighting and to relax I went to a metaphysical store where I got my tarot cards read. It was perfect for the time. It was all about female energy and independence. Exactly what I needed to hear. It was the kind of retail therapy I needed.
Tuesday and Wednesday I luckily had work to distract me but when I went home from work Husband just ignored me. For 2 days while we still lived together, still slept together, he ignored me. I came home and made myself dinner while he watched TV and said nothing. Then on Thursday, I came home from boxing and I was living the great life, so I told him not to ignore me anymore. We talked it out and even discussed if it was still the choice we wanted to make. I gave him some time to think while I showered and then before bed we talked about the real, emotional stuff. He told me some harsh things about him not liking my personality and that I make him feel bad about himself. I mean he's not wrong but the way he said it made me more angry than anything. It hurt because he never said anything like that in the 3 years we were married. I felt that if he would have said something 2 or 3 years ago we could have talked about it and worked things out but he just keeps everything in and refuses to talk. I mean, the way he broke up with me makes me think that he was thinking about breaking up with me for a while. He didn't even hesitate and later said he just blew up. Like he couldn't hold on any longer. It was way harsh.
Anyway, husband went to Vegas on Friday and was there until Sunday. He even brought me back presents! After that we were able to just be chill. We talked when needed but didn't talk unless we needed to. I'm very happy about the way things turned around for us. However Saturday and Sunday at work were super rough, I work at the Utah lab where they test for COVID-19. I can't go into details because of HIPAA, but we had to do some extra things because of the amount of samples we received. By Monday I was a zombie so on Tuesday I took the day off and officially moved back in with my parents. Yep 31 and living with my parents again. But this time it should only be for a year. I have plans and I'm much more responsible than I was before. But with all of this going on, with the covid closing the world down, I am officially in quarantine with my parents. I mean I guess it's better than with my husband at this point, but terrible timing right? Then on Wednesday morning we wake up to a freaking earthquake! A freaking earthquake! And so many aftershocks! So that is how my separation is going. I think my husband and I broke the world. I'm sure I'll talk more about all of this but I wanted to tell you guys all of this first. Also we're not actually getting divorced, just separated for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real