Interview with a Vampire

Book

I started out really strong with this book. The relationship between Louis and Lestat was confusing but interesting. They were like yin and yang but it made sense. But the story just kept going and going. I don't have an issue with the story but I don't like the way the book was written... Ann Rice didn't write with chapters? So it was really hard to read. I can't just sit and read 500 pages at a time. I don't have that kind of motivation or time. So I turned to just reading at night which usually means a couple of pages at a time. It's taking me 2 months to read.


However I did finish it and the ending was really worth it! I do plan to read the next book because it's about Lestat and that seems very interesting. So in 6 months expect to read about that... But this is about this book. I don't like the characters but that made it interesting in another way. Louis is obviously the hero but he's weird and not personable in my opinion. Lestat and Claudia were both dramatic and annoying so I almost spent the whole story wanting Louis to escape them. And then Armand came in and I never understood his character. There really wasn't a lot of character development outside of Louis. I think she did that on purpose so that she could write stories about them later? I don't know.


I also want to watch the movie now but I don't know that I will because I don't think it had good reviews and I haven't heard about it since it came out. Anyway. If you like vampires and Ann Rice this is a typical New Orleans Vampire story. It reminded me a lot of the Originals which came way after this but I just went to New Orleans and so I read this to prepare.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real