Community

TV show


So I have seen Community twice because I made my husband watch it. And all this time, I didn't know that they made a sixth season! See, it was produced and released on a different network that I hadn't even heard of... But I checked Netflix and sure enough it's on there. So I jumped right on it. And it's definitely lacking... Troy isn't in it at all and Shirley is barely in it. Which leads to a lot of relevant racial stereotypes. Ben Chang keeps bringing up how convenient it is that the people of color are the ones who left... him and Abed are probably next... But they also add Paget Brewster to this season and I love her. She seems very serious... They add Keith David for diversity and as the new old school IT guy.


There are so many weird characters in this show I can't even name them all; Starburns, Leonard, Garrett, The Dean, Magnitude, and creepy Todd... This in one of those shows like Gilmore Girls where the odd characters make it so easy to be funny. But also they have the jokes to make up for the weirdness. There are tons of shows that try to hard but this show has the comedic writing to make up for the weirdness. Plus they make a ton of "meta" jokes. Abed spends 75% of his time talking in TV terms. Just in the last season he talks about Shirley's spin off TV show and later he spends a whole episode trying to flash back to 3 WEEKS EARLIER. Abed is super meta but excluding him, they have a bottle episode where they talk about it being a bottle episode... They had a Claymation episode. The writers are just so creative and the cast works so well together. I love all of them.


I can't decide if I'm going to go into the cast because they are all famous now but I think Chevy Chase and Joel McHale were the only famous people when the show started. Ok I'll talk about them, Gillian Jacobs was in a bunch of Coke Zero commercials and in a movie with Rob Stark. Allison Brie is the queen of Legos and was in Mad Men and a bunch of other movies and is married to Dave Franco and they're adorable. Ken Jeong went on to be in the Hangover trilogy and has been in other big movies like Crazy Rich Asians and is now a judge on the Masked Singer. Donald Glover has taken off, he's a famous rap artist now and he was in major movies like the Martian and Solo and has his own long running TV show Atlanta. Yevette Nicole Brown and Danny Pudi have been in random stuff but I can't think of anything specific. They just all work out so well together. And the paintball!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real