The Friend Zone

Book- Abby Jimenez


This book was supposed to be a love story to distract me from my loveless life. But it got strangely dark. Without going into too much detail, I'll say that this brings up one of my big fears... But it still contained the love story I craved and it made me happy even while making me cry. The characters while being unrealistically attractive and attracted to each other, seemed pretty well rounded. Kristin is this perfectly proportioned woman with unlimited sex appeal and charisma. Josh is the perfectly muscled ex-military now fireman who just wants a family. And naturally they fall instantly in love.


But they can't make it easy on each other especially since one of them is in a long distance relationship... Hence the Friend Zone. But when fate keeps pushing them together they can't fight their chemistry. Then one checks their voicemail and gets the call to end the long distance relationship... And falls immediately in bed with the other. But that doesn't mean they can just be together, there is still so much to battle.


But battle they do! This book has family issues, mental illness, and even death! And through all that they come together and overcome many of their problems. I really liked the way they wrote the book even if I don't like that everyone in these kind of books are the most beautiful people. I think I'm somewhat attractive but I still get self conscious reading this kind of stuff. Like people only like unbelievably attractive people and I definitely don't fit that bill. On the bright side, I know that normal people aren't perfect so I don't get too depressed by it but it's still a sad notion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real