Therapy?





So I have to cancel therapy this week. It's my fault because I'm going camping but I actually have something to talk about. Some one at work told me that I'm still co-dependent and it's really hitting me hard because I wasn't until last month. I was fine being all alone and then I went out with friends and I remembered how much I love being with people. I am an extrovert after all, it's in my nature to want to be surrounded... I want a house that I can just have people come to. I think that's what I'm going to turn my next house into. A party house for all my friends to want to come to.


Anyway, since I can't talk to Brian about this I have to talk to you. Is co-dependence bad? I know I can be strong and independent if I want to but do I want to be completely alone? Can I be independent and still have people around? Obviously I like being alone but it causes me to sink into depression and then I'm afraid to leave my hole. I had phases during this quarantine where I would not talk or text anybody for a whole week. That is not healthy for me. I forgot how to communicate. Even at work I would sit at my desk and only talk when I had to. It was not a good time.


I think what I need to work on is being able to have many different friends. Like I don't need to have a clique that I can't be away from. That is where I have my issues. I can have individual friends who I do certain things with. I need to meet people for lunch or dinner or just drinks. I need people that I can be crafty with. I need people that I can hike or work out with. I need friends that will get me out of my comfort zone. And I need them to not all be the same friend. That is my goal for the rest of the year. To find friends that I can do specific things with and to not try to find someone that does everything with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

Relationship update.

Another Scorpio seaon.