The Happy Ever After Playlist

Book


This is the sequel to Abby Jimenez's book The Friend Zone (see other post.) This wasn't as good in my opinion... I think the star aspect hurt it... But it was still an easy, good read. This book follows Sloan from the other book after her heartbreak. This is 2 years after The Friend Zone but it starts with Sloan still in mourning and barely getting out of bed. I get that she went through a lot, I'm not criticizing her for still being sad. I'm just setting the scene. But then she meets Tucker... And Tucker is a furry little punk! But through it all she finds her dream life.
This is one of those Hallmark movie storylines. A girl is in the shadows until something pushes her into the arms of a man. Because guys make everything better... Ok luckily this one starts with a dog. The dog ends up coming home with Sloan and gives her a reason to go out and start doing healthy things again. Then she meets the owner and everything else turns around for her. I get that, that's a typical story. But when this guy turns out to be her favorite singer, that's when I get annoyed... Why do we want to meet the celebrities. I fall for it too. I'm obsessed with multiple actors and I've had my obsessions with musicians too. But I do know that there is a reason that most celebrity relationships don't work out.
Anyway, it wasn't my favorite love story... But I do like that Abby draws off of real experiences. Like this one is after one of her friend's experience of being a widow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real