Travel - Boston

So this was a real girls trip. I haven't had very many of those, but this was kind of excellent. It definitely made me want to plan more. I went with my friends Gabby and Veronica from work and it was kind of like Gabby's chance to show V and me around her home town. So we bought cheap flights to Boston and made arrangements to drive out to Stoddard New Hampshire where Gabby's parents live. It was beautiful! And they live on the lake! I was sleeping on NH, I mean I'll have to see it in winter but I think I could live there. Anyway, now I'm going to list our itinerary by day. So we left a little early on Wednesday to get there about 4 PM Boston time. Then we rented a car and drove out to New Hampshire where Gabby's mom had made dinner for us! It was so nice. Then we bonded and got to know them. They have this beautiful cabin but it's a little pieced together... like additions were added at different times and they were done quickly. But that just adds character. They have this cool sunroom where I could have stayed the whole time. I love things like that. Then we went to bed so we could wake up and really experience lake living. I don't know what lake it is but there are a few of them around so I don't have to actually live on that one... So on Thursday we woke up and had bacon and french toast that Terri made. She's a good cook. Then we went out on the kayaks and I love being out in the water like that. I felt so one with nature. We got out and played around a little and I talked to Terri about a lot of different things. Gabby and Veronica loved it too. Then they made us lunch and took us out on the pontoon and we ate out there and chilled and it was so nice. Then we went for a drive out to Keene where Gabby wants to live eventually. That's a cute town too. A lot bigger but still cool vibes. Then we went for a hike up to Pitcher Mountain and it was trees for miles. I honestly didn't know there were that many trees still. It's so cool! Then after all that we came back and made dinner and then a camp fire! They were such good hosts and I kept making jokes that I was moving in and they agreed so I guess it's happening now. The next morning Terri made us muffins and we drove back to Boston where we met up with this guy Daniel that Gabby tried to set me up with but I'm so awkward with stuff like that so that was weird. But we started with the aquarium and hanging out around there, seeing the harbor and stuff like that. The aquarium was cool but I don't know if it's worth killing all that time in Boston... Then we hit up Quincy Market and I got a lobster roll. It was good but I really like Lobster. Then we went and got cannoli's at the original cannoli shop. They were freaking delicious too. We decided to go to our AirBnB and get dressed up for dinner but while we were there Daniel bailed on us for dinner and he was supposed to drive us to Salem... So that was a bummer. But we still went out and got a pitcher of this lemonade vodka drink that was so strong! I was feeling it almost immediately! I got salmon and it was delicious and all night was fantastic. We went back to our place and just talked. It was really nice. The next day we woke up and got on the T (Boston's subway)to get to the train to get to Salem. Now we did take our time getting there but that ended up being okay because we took our time getting back. I went to all the metaphysical stores and got something from every one of them. I got a reading which I think deserves it's own post... We had delicious food there too and we got to see a couple get engaged and a little later there was a wedding party at the restaurant next to ours. It was beautiful in a sad way... We did a couple museums and we wandered around a lot and we didn't make it home until after 9 which isn't bad except we had to wake up and ride to the airport at 4 am (2 am my time.) And that is how I ended my short but perfect trip. Yeah I didn't do a whole lot so I'll have to come back, but I loved everything that we did do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real