Maybe You Should Talk to Someone

Book Yeah I guess this is a self-help book... But I'm already in therapy so I just get to embrace it more now. This was a very touching book. It talks about many different reasons why people go to therapy and mine was kind of talked about. See I'm in therapy to try to be more vulnerable. It started as trying to see if I was hiding something dark in my life and then it turned to getting past my divorce but the truth is that I don't talk about any of that. I can't talk about any of that. People think because I'm "open" and talk about many strange facets of my life that I am an open book. That's not the truth. I talk so much so that I can control the narrative. I don't tell people things that I don't want people to know. It's like the song by Kaitlyn Bristow, "just cuz I'm an open book don't mean you get the whole story" I am that way constantly. I will tell everyone in my life everything and I'll give my therapist the run down of where I'm at in a certain time but I never fully open up. That has been my problem my whole life. Have you guys noticed that I suck at talking about the movie or book that I'm supposed to be writing about? That's because I'm so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I can't even focus on anything else. But in all this I can't tell people because I have to keep it hidden. I honestly think that I should be able to voice all my thoughts and then get them out of my head. I know I shouldn't think all the time like this, it's just creating impossible scenarios in my head. I wish I could be a writer so I could use that but turns out I'm not very good at writing conversations... Anyway, Lori is awesome! I wish she was my therapist except I still wouldn't talk to her. It's not about the therapist, it's that I fight everyone. Lori talks about people who have experienced real trauma and they all seem so open but what we don't know is how long it took them to open up to her. We know John took a while but not how long and we know Rita fought it a lot but not for how long. So how long is too long to go to the therapist without feeling like it's helping? Maybe I'll just keep reading this book until I can be as open as Lori is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real