Topaz Mountain

I'm not geo-tagging. You can find your own way here. But let me tell you why you should. 1) It's hiking in the desert mountains, so a different experience. 2) Treasure hunting! Yeah you can find a lot of amber topaz (I filled a whole pill bottle) and Red Beryl (very rare) and Bixbyite (which I did not find.) 3) People die out there so there is that risk factor... 4) The night sky, there are many old country songs about the western sky and they're no joke. The sky is so clear in that area. Currently it is very smoky so it was hard to see even the mountain when we were driving to it but I had so much fun digging in the dirt and breaking open rocks! So basically we get there and we hike a little ways and then we find a section of rocks and my friend hands me a hammer and tells me to hit the rocks until I hear the right sound. So I go around hitting rocks and then I heard it and I sat down and just crushed this rock! Slowly so I could find the stuff in it but honestly at that point the crystals weren't on my mind... I was just loving breaking apart this rock. Then we moved a little and I was given a screwdriver to chisel out some of the rocks. That part was really fun too. That was more of the mining that I thought I would be doing. We only spent half a day there but I totally want to go back and go camping some time when it's not smoky and scary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real