Wedding season?

Ok I'm to the age where most of my friends are married. And of the religion where most of my don't have traditional weddings and they definitely don't serve alcohol... So I was excited for the wedding I went to this month. They had the ceremony the same place as the reception, they had an actual wedding party, they shared vows, and they had alcohol at the reception. It was strange as hell anyway though. See even though I consider the bride and groom to be good friends of mine, the groom and my ex-husband have been best friends for the last 6 or 7 years. See Ex became friends with Groom's older brother in high school, then when they all graduated they all moved into a townhouse together (not groom, he's younger.) Then they all moved out and went on 2 year missions. Then when they came back 5 of them all moved into a house together (groom included.) So around the time they all moved in together Groom got my Ex his job and they have worked together ever since. This was all before me so I don't know the timeline but I have been friends with these guys for 5 years now so it was all before that. Also turns out Exhusband knows the maid of honor a little bit. Kinda followed her around all night and I don't know if that is because something is actually happening or just because Ex kind of wants it to. But he did not sit at the friend table with us so there is definitely something. Although admittedly I was at the friend table so that could have something to do with it... But I don't think so. I think we will be cool around each other. I think we both know we're better apart... It's this weird thing where he thinks I've moved on but I cry myself to sleep at least 4 times a week. But that's temporary and more about the failure and the loneliness than the loss of our marriage. It's always going to be sad that I lost my first love but like I said, we're better apart. But this is about the absolute excitement of not only seeing my friends get married and be so happy to do so but also we haven't seen each other since the pandemic and so it was so fantastic to get together again. We were missing some who are still quarantining but I feel so releived that we can still get together and have so much fun. It was the perfect wedding. And I only cried like 5 times...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real