Lucifer

TV Show I know this has another season but I think I heard that it's going to be a short one. So I feel comfortable writing this now. I thought this show looked so dumb when it first started. But my brother suggested it and sure enough I was hooked! It starts with the actual devil not wanting to be the devil anymore. So he brings a friend up to earth with him and they just do all this "debauchery" while granting favors. See dumb premise right? Basically the devil is a gangster? But then we see all the angel stuff that he is dealing with. It turns out this show is all about his relationship with his parent! Who hasn't felt like they'll never live up to the impossible standards that our parents set? Now imagine all of that but your dad is the ruler of the world and he has banished you to literal Hell. Yeah can't imagine my parents doing that, but I do know I disappoint them every day. So the short storyline is a guy doesn't trust anyone except himself and battles abandonment issues every day. Then as the show goes on he starts to make friends. But as anyone with abandonment issues know, it's hard to trust and except friendship. The more people that get added to Lucifer's story the more he starts letting people in. But he never actually learns how to love and voice the love that he's trying to create. His communication skills suck but we still see him trying. The reason I liked this show is because it is exactly what I'm going through. Yeah I'm not an angel and my dad isn't all powerful but it's mental health. I have spent most of my life pretending to be what I'm not. And instead of finding balance I fluctuate between pretending I'm too good and that I'm some crazy rebel. I'm not either of those. I'm someone who is just living. I drink but I never get drunk, I swear but I really try to not swear at people, just at situations (i.e. name calling, I don't like name calling.) I'm just trying to be a good person. But since I have been lying for so long the people that think they know me really don't. I really can't say enough how much I appreciated this story because of the relatability of Lucifer. We all just want to be accepted as who we are but most of us don't know how to go about that. I feel so inauthentic in my life but I can't just run away to LA to reinvent myself (plus LA wouldn't be my choice anyway.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real