TV is back.

Anybody else loving but feeling really triggered by all the TV shows that have come back? It started with Grey's Anatomy which makes sense that they are battling COVID and the PPE shortages. I love the stories and I appreciate that they are talking about the pandemic as opposed to pretending it wasn't happening. But seeing everything at the beginning again was also really triggering. I cry a lot while watching these shows. Also while the shows are all way behind their normal starting dates I don't even know when shows came back on. So today I watched 3 episodes of This is Us and had a similar reaction. And on top of all the COVID stuff, this show has a lot of racial confusion too. Randall is a black man that was raised by white parents with white siblings and so he was always kind of confused growing up. But he's married to a black woman with black children so he seems to have found his way. But I know he's so confused and while all of these protests going on he's kind of feeling alone again. I'm a person who was so against seeing her faults and I followed my parents blindly for way too long. My parents think COVID is a hoax, my parents think that if anyone feels like their government isn't supporting them is just complaining, and they think that anyone who will help them get more money is king. My parents are good people who would never want to make someone uncomfortable in front of them... But then they will come home and complain about the "liberals" or the "lazy" or the people who are "trying to change everything that made the country great." Yeah they're very political and I can't stand their political views but the most I can do is say my piece and try not to get mad when they say theirs. This year has been trying for many reasons but one of them has been living with my parents when the world is struggling so hard. My dad worked more hours than normal during the shut down and he went into work 6 days a week, my mom worked a week at work and a week at home but she was still working most of the time and I only lost a day a paycheck so we never really quarantined. I didn't do anything socially but I tried to keep track of everyone on social media and everything but I was very depressed. And now I've been through the work and I was doing really good for a long time. And then the weather started changing... And I started working graves so it was harder to do anything. So now I've been feeling the depression again. But I think it's just the season. However these shows are like I've said triggering, I'm trying to take it as a "look at how far we've come" thing but have we come that far?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real