Mental Health

Ok so most of you know I've been going to therapy for about a year. I started out loving it and thought finally I have someone to talk to that has a degree in figuring messy brains out. However that only worked for so long. Turns out even if you have a degree I just can't open up. So I tried a different therapist and in our very first meeting she asked if I had ever been diagnosed with ADD or something similar, no offense she said. Well I haven't but I also have never bothered to ask. That kind of thing is obvious right? Well I don't know if I ever mentioned this before but I have a couple friends who are on medication for ADD and ADHD and listening them describe what it feels like made me think I have it too. But I also have situational depression, I like to call it isolated or unique depression... Turns out if you combine these 2 issues it leads to a mood disorder... AKA bipolar. Which is what I was recently diagnosed by a medical professional with. Now with this diagnosis he did say that it's not the common type of bipolar, I'm unique and complicated. Obviously... Also this is just a physician not a psychologist so he hasn't actually specifically studied mental health and he was entering all of my answers into a computer which made it seem like he was just taking a quiz or something. Like when I took the Harry Potter house quiz for all my guy friends. So next step is to talk to my therapist about it, have my therapist talk to the dr about it and then find a psychiatrist to help me overcome it. I don't want to take medication especially because I know if I work out regularly then I am much healthier mentally. I do not like or accept this diagnosis but at the same time it is validating to know that something is wrong with me. It's not my fault that I'm anxious and chaotic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real