All The Bright Places

This is one of those movies that seem dark from the very beginning, like you know something is coming. I mean we find out pretty early that Elle Fanning's (Violet) sister died and so she is obviously sad and in pain. And Finch finds her in a precarious position and decides that he can help. And that is how this relationship starts. However that saying about helping yourself before you can help others comes to mind watching this. Turns out that while Violet was definitely in a position where distraction was important, Finch wasn't really mentally healthy himself. So when she started draining his emotional well he reacted poorly. This show is supposed to be a teenage romance story but it turns out to be more of a show about teenage mental health to me. However I am very focused on mental health right now because I am also not mentally or emotionally healthy. But I also liked it because their whole thing is going around and finding weird things that make their state cool. I am all about exploring those weirder sides. I hate the popular places! Also they find this little rollercoaster that some guy made just for fun. I would love something like that (As long as it's slow enough that it wouldn't really get hurt or die.) There are a lot of aspects of this show that I really liked. One of them is the characters but I also liked the filmography and the story line of 2 people finding each other at the right time for both of them. I'm loosely looking for that but I also know that I'm not ready right now anyway so that's why I say loosely. But I feel like timing is everything and I really don't believe that people have to stay in our lives forever. I have an issue with friends leaving me or not being as close once they have kids and part of me hates that because I miss my friends but at the same time I've found that I get more attached to their kids then them and when they inevitably move on I am left watching their kids grow up on instagram. I find it so tragic but I know that it's going to happen. I know my parents have similar friendships. Ha moral is, timing is everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real