30 Days Create Habits?

On July 6 it will be a month since I've watched TV. Like I said in my last post, there were some days where I told myself I could just sit down and watch yet I haven't. I was able without even trying to find something else to do. I felt so clear about being able to keep this going but anxious about everything else in my life. You know how I've been saying all year how I just need a solid but quick romantic fling so that I can be all about another person but also not worrying about committing to them. I've found a couple people who I've thought could be that. Online I've found multiple people who were willing to fill that role. However, making it happen was a different story. A couple months ago I was introduced to a guy who knew I mostly just wanted to feel comfortable enough with a person to be able to orgasm... I have never been able to do that with another person. It's in my head, I know that so I want someone to get past the block and I'll be able to get out of my head. So this guy from a little while ago was really close physically but I think I could tell that it was just that, physical. He ghosted me multiple times which pushed my block more front and center. I lost faith in him. Luckily the day before he ghosted me for the second time I had started talking to another friend of a friend. Now this guy is sexy! The very first time I saw him I was attracted to him but then we started talking about music and how he wasn't really allowed to listen to non-christian music until he was out of his parent's house. I saw this as religious trauma and felt instantly connected to him. But we were at my friend Alix's house and true story, I just assumed she was into him too and that there was no way someone like him would be into someone like me. Plus there was a very good chance that I wouldn't really have anymore interactions with him. I know I've talked about him before and that you probably know all this but I had to go over it again because I want to get these dates right to show you how profound I find this connection. So on June 3 Alix had the fire at her house, June 4 she texted me telling me to text her roommate, June 5 I did and he responded almost immediately, June 6-8 we text each other almost all day. All this time we were talking about so much but also we hadn't seen each other almost at all so it wasn't really real yet. Then on the 9 I went to hang out with Alix and he was there when we got back from the awesome meditation and after Alix went to bed I went down and watched basketball with him and later he texted me telling me how cool it was..., June 10 was our first date and we went and "watched" a basketball game at a bar (we talked the whole time and barely watched the game), June 11 I think I went back over there to watch another game and he asked if we were close enough for hugs (because consent), June 12 he took me out for coffee before work and we walked around Sugar House, June 13 was the first day since before our first date that we didn't see each other but we still texted most of the day. I'm telling you, this was a deeper connection. June 14 we went out for coffee again and he mentioned how uncool it was that my first day back to work was his first day off so I texted my boss and asked for the next day off. I was very anxious because I thought it was too forward and it would freak him out... it did not and we did spend the next day together. June 15 I went over to Alix's house where he lives and we drove downtown to a coffee shop and once again walked around and he even took me to a heavy metal shop. Then we went back to his place and just listened to a record and got high. When the record ended we went to lunch and then came back and listened to another record until the game started. Then we watched the game and cuddled and once again he asked for consent to kiss me. It was probably one of the best ways to play hooky! June 16 I had to go back to work and it was very difficult to focus on anything. He said the same thing. The crazy thing about all of this is that he tells me how he feels about me, he shows me, and I trust him. And I couldn't stay away and I went back over there after work and stayed the night. That is less than 2 weeks of this relationship. We connected so quickly but he is moving at the end of August. We know that and we are both anxious over it. I've told him I can move too but I can't make those kind of decisions after 2 weeks. Especially when I've been a completely different person during those 2 weeks. Is all of this that summer fling that I wanted or is this a lasting change? There is so much going on in both of our lives and our pasts and our futures. We are both in a state of flux. And it's been a week since all of that happened and we went 6 days without seeing each other and we really didn't talk a whole lot during that time. So in a way, when we did see each other it was almost like we physically had to start all over. The nice thing for me is that I kept up all my other practices without him. So it's probably not just him creating the desire to change. I think this could be it. I have a week left until these practices can become habit and I'm very excited to see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real