Midnight Mass

This is from the Haunting on Hill House and Bly Manor people. So I was so excited to watch. And it was definitely similar vibes but it was not the same kind of show. I actually didn't really like this one. Even Matt Ceracen couldn't sell me on it. Yeah he's the star and I love him. Yeah Zach Gilford was really good, and Kate Seigal is my favorite part of Hill House so I loved seeing her again. But the actual premise of the show was not my favorite. I've been watching a lot of "biblical" lately, ie; Lucifer and Supernatural so I feel like I've got a lot of angel/demon lore down and I've watched and read plenty of vampire lore as well and I don't know anything about this monster. Spoiler, there is a monster. Also I'm going to be real with you, a lot of the songs that they sing and the music that they play reminds me of my religious upbringing… So that was a little triggering for me and the guy I watched with. The truth is that the story is told very well but it's not my type of story. I need more concrete lore? I don't know why I didn't like it because I really did appreciate the pace of the story and the writing was decent and those are some big things that I usually criticize (although I have no right as I know nothing.) I also really like how a lot of the characters redeemed themselves when I didn't originally like them. Ooh uncle Cooper from One Tree Hill who is actually very sexy also plays a very big roll and I was pretty excited to see him again. But like the other shows this is more of a limited series so therefore pretty easy to watch, totally binge-able, so still highly recommendable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real