Supernatural

Ok this is not going to be a very descriptive post as there are a ton of seasons and I only watched the last 6 this year. But I had to talk about it. This is one of those shows where the first season or 2 is life changing. But then as shows keep going they feel like they have to beat themselves, so they keep getting more and more unbelievable while still repeating themselves. This is one of those shows that every season or 2 they have to save the world and "nothing like this has ever happened before." So naturally when this kind of show keeps going a lot of us lose track of it. That was me. Then it went onto Netflix and I watched it again and went for a few seasons and stopped again. Ooh also demons and angels create an obviously biblical storyline that as a religious kid and young adult I didn't appreciate. Eventually I decided it was too sacrilegious and quit watching it. But I missed my Winchesters so I tried again, and watched maybe 2 seasons? Somehow I got almost through season 8 before quitting this last time. So after it ended I decided I could finally watch it again. And I did. And binged so hard! First thing I love about the show is the cast. These guys are not necessarily big names. Jeffery Dean Morgan is probably the most famous one, Jared Padalecki being the next. Sure there are some who probably became famous after their rolls on the show but this is not a show that was made off of star power. Mark Pellegrino is a big one in my book. I guess he was around before but I literally call him Lucifer. He was on Quantico, to me as Lucifer. Same with 13 Reasons Why, I'm like Lucifer is a cop again? Man he really fooled people… Bobby is always going to be Bobby preferably in Dean's voice… I think because they didn't have any stars it created a more inclusive environment… Like it's common knowledge that Jared and Jensen are best friends outside of the show. And Misha joined in on that pretty solidly it sounds like (I have a coworker who has seen it first hand.) So now the show. It starts with killing vampires and ghosts and stuff like that, I guess the occasional demon but basically just normal everyday monsters. Then with the demon stuff it starts getting more and more biblical which at first makes sense. And that is basically how it keeps moving. More and more strange. So we get angels, demons, vampires, djinn, werewolves, ghosts, poltergeists and things like that. Then we move into things like arch angels, leviathan, shapeshifters, gods, and other things like that. And they get meaner and meaner and the solutions get harder and harder but it still goes on for 15 seasons! I will tell you right now that this show is not exactly great tv… The writing is basic and the storylines are often really dumb. But damn is it bingeable! The characters while often dumb and annoying are still fantastic and you want to like them! It's a very interesting concept. But they also knew that they had to do some tricky things. Like they combine with other shows or there is 1 episode that is so weird and basic and you just know that they wrote it to be the most lame/boring/basic show they could and that is brilliant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hating Game

You

Baby is real